 Znap / 35
Re: A Lego first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:22:52 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Dean Husby writes:
Joe Davenport wrote:

Dear Lego,

I recently purchased two #3501 Black Racer ZNAP sets at Toys R Us.  I • expected
to get the parts to make the black and yellow car.  Instead, inside the box
were the pieces and instruction book from set #3502 Green Jet!

Not believing Lego could make such a mistake, I opened the other #3501.  It
also had the wrong parts and manual!

I had also purchased two #3502 sets at the same time.  I opened those and • they
had the correct contents.

Is this the first time such a problem has occurred?  I am now stuck with
parts from four #3502 sets when I had only wanted two of each.

Has this happened to anyone else who purchased the #3501?

Joe

Was it factory sealed? I've seen at Zellers opened packs with different • contents.
People switch the contents from an expensive set into a cheap box...

But Toy's R US will return or exchange the items...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html

That's what I thought at first.  But the second one I opened was definitely
factory sealed.  I went back and purchased the rest of them (16, they're only
$1.97), and compared the weight of them to the other small sets using a scale
at work.  All of the 3501 boxes weighed exactly as much as the 3502 boxes (to
a tenth of a gram). I then took one and opened it.  Sure enough, the Green Jet
was inside. Now I guess I have plenty of green ZNAP beams to build with, but I
don't know if I should open the 15 unopened sets.

Joe