 General / 22523
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:25:17 GMT

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:42:24 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote:

Hey all,

I just got spammed by Andreas Stabno; he's hawking a sale of his.  The
subject line is "KC Masterpieces".  His message goes, "somehow when I wasn't
looking the closet filled up with LEGO sets and it's time to sell all 138
sets that remain."  Poor schlob.

This is disgusting behavior, and I am personally disappointed that he would
resort to such low measures, especially after the backlash from a similar
situation a few years back.  (See his apparently insincere apology at
<http://news.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=122>.)  I have done business with
him a year ago, but if this is the price of that business, I will never make
that mistake again.  "Fool me once, fool me twice" and all that.

Anyway, I dunno if he harvested LUGNET for addresses, but there you are.

Cheers,
- jsproat

I got this also, but the thing is *I don't mind*.  I bought some LEGO
from him before and was satisfied with it.  I feel its reasonable for
him to send this out to people he has dealt with before, its should as
simple as asking to get off his list in order to get off it.

Jsproat, tell me this, how is this different from the Auczilla
messages when a new one rolls out?  It seems the same to me except for
2 things, one is the quantity (Andreas has less) and the sender.
That's the differences I see.  I have absolutely no problem in
receiving messages from people that I have bought LEGO from before
informing me that they have more for me to choose from if I want.
If it bothers you, ask to get off his list, I am sure that he will
remove you....

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!