 General / 22546
Re: Thanks but no thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:11:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom, Chris, Larry, Matt, and Todd (and others):  thanks for your input.  I
really do appreciate it.

Everyone else:  Hey, you know what guys?  Forget it.  It's been made clear to
me that [I am] not welcome here...I'm out of here.

I've seen something like this happen about three dozen times on list and
newsgroups and such.  Prety quickly, I developed the stance of "well, bye."
The round of pleading with the person "not to go," "to please stay," "we all
long for tidbits of your wisdom" always nausiate me.

This is the first time that I would actually be disappointed if the person
really left.  Maybe because I'm the first and main "adversary."

Chris