 Off-Topic / Geek / 2116
Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 02:28:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes about stopping SPAM
Spamcop.net offers other services, like filtering and forwarding, • blacklisting,
and pulling from other mailboxes, if you pay a $25 membership credit. (Mine
decreases about $1 a month.) It's not perfect, but it's a weapon. I also liked
deja.com's spam-filtered forwarding addresses which were free.

I'm a proud Spamcop user too....all my zacktron.com email filters through
there first - in fact, some of you may have gotten that 'email blocked by
spamcop, click this link to send through' message ;-)

I like Spamcop, but I wish it wouldn't shove already-reported spammers up to
my block screen and such...and you'd think they'd have some stuff inside to
determine spam by content of message too.  They could do a better job, but
what I'm paying for is great!

-Tim