 General / 22499
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:27:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Eric Kingsley writes:

I have pointed this out before and I will again...

It is a recommended practice to NEVER respond to SPAM E-Mails even to request
removal.  In general all this tells the SPAMMER is that you exist and usually
guarentees you getting MORE SPAM not less.

So it is my practice to DELETE all SPAM no matter who it is from and never
respond to have my name removed.  Therefore I would not assume that everyone • on
your list wants to receive your E-mail just because they don't ask to be
removed.

Well there are spammers and there are SPAMMERs. Do we really THINK that
ANDREAS is some faceless ROBOT? (1)

While I never respond to machine generated spam mail and that is good advice
in general, I DO respond to people I know are actually people, and tell them
any of the following things, depending on what's appropriate:

"Keep me on your list, thanks for asking"
"I don't want to bid on this auction but do let me know about the last one"
"Your auctions aren't my cup of tea, please remove me"
"There's something I don't like about how you do business, remove me and don't
ever bother me again"

None of those responses have ever failed to elicit the desired outcome. Yet.

1 - SORRY for the CAPS, I was just MOCKING Eric a bit. I feel BETTER (whoops!)
now. :-)

++Lar