 Off-Topic / Geek / 2113
Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
[...]
Here is a link on Amazon (You will probably have to cut and paste it).
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592388X/lugnet/qid=970005719/sr=8-1/r
ef=aps_sr_b_1_3/103-8941985-1703832
[...]

Amazon.com URL-hacking tip:  You can safely delete the qid= and sr= stuff as
well as the session-ID at the end.  "qid=" stands for (I think) "query ID" and
the "ref=" is the referring category on their website (not a referring
associate ID or anything important).  So, in other words, you can simply write

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592388X

or

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156592388X/lugnet

--Todd