 General / 22562
Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Though I can't (nor do I want to) refute your definition of spam, I feel
that in this situation -- Lugnet being the 'friendliest place on the web' --
a little patience is in order.

I don't mean to drag this thread out, cos lord knows it's gone on long enough
already, but I really have to disagree.  I've been seeing a lot of people toe
the same line you are- that because it come from someone on Lugnet, and they
were selling Lego, that Sproat should have been more lenient, or more
understanding, or whatever.

While I like Lugnet, and I like the community, and I do appreciate the fact
that for the most part we are a friendly place, signing up for posting
privileges here and liking Lego are not qualifications for sainthood.  The fact
that Andreas has apparently been called out for Spamming before and is still
doing it, and refusing to address the fact that he's been called out for it
before and is still doing it, shows a lack of willingness to accept proper
'nettiquette.  And that, in my mind, qualifies him for being publicly
chastised, and a complaint being sent to his ISP.

Moreover, his UCE email had nothing to do with being a Lugnet member.  If her
were caught speeding, would his defense be that he was a Lugnet member, and
Lugnet is friendly, so he should be allowed to speed, because he's hurrying to
get Lego packages to the Post Office before closing?

eric