 Off-Topic / Debate / 6529
Re: Thanks but no thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:00:43 GMT

Paul Sinasohn wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom, Chris, Larry, Matt, and Todd (and others):  thanks for your input.  I
really do appreciate it.

Everyone else:  Hey, you know what guys?  Forget it.  It's been made clear to
me that this particular raving nutcake, noisy whiner, hypocrite, hater, and
(BTW) long-time contributing supporter of the Internet Lego community and
paying member of LUGNET is not welcome here.  As for Andreas, I have dealt • with
him really only once; I had no idea he was such a godlike, upstanding member • of
the community.  I'm glad he's yours.

I'm out of here.

- jsproat

Jeremy, here is where I personally can't find one ounce of support for you
anymore.

You are over-reacting. Stop it.

You are going to cut yourself off from a great community because a few people
disagreed with your handling of a situation?? What do you do at work when
someone doesn't like how you've done something? Take a 5 hour lunch and call in
sick for 3 days?

I used to do the same thing, until my wife called me on it after the 10th time
and said she didn't want to hear it ever again. So I stopped.

You over-reacted in your original message, but that's understandable.

Don't punish yourself by leaving lugnet.market.*
Not that it will affect the resst of us, but you just might miss something that
you really wanted to know about. And that's just a silly thing to do. so don't

Stick around, you might see something you like.

FUT:lugnet.off-topic.debate

I always try to stay neutral in these mud slings, but I have to agree with Paul.

No one should get you mad enough to quit any part of LUGNET.  We all disagree at
times, we just shouldn't take it personnally.  And yet we always do take it
personnally.  When arguing a point it becomes so easy to attack someone else ("ad
hominem" - attack against the person).  For those who have taken a LOGIC class, it
is one of the 41 fallacies of arguing or debating.  It is much too often used as
part of arguing a point.  Just keep personalities out of it (easier said than
done).

One quote that I always try to live by is "the person who angers me, controls me"!

Let's just agree to disagree.

Gary Istok