 General / 22538
Re: No thanks to farewell speeches, you better not leave (was Re: Thanks but no thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:01:22 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Some people don't agree with your stance on this issue, but that's not the
same as not being welcome here. Heck, even *I* feel welcome here so if • there's
room for me and my big mouth, my ability to stand on principle and strain • at
gnats, and my ability to see the cost behind everything and gleefully • point it
out to the chagrin of the free lunch crowd, there's plenty of room for you
too. It's a big tent.(1)

Exactly.

Does that make it right? Nope. Does that excuse it? Nope. But you catch • more
flies with honey than with vinegar (2), something a lot of the rest of us
haven't grasped either (3).

So keep standing on principle, but do it like there's a layer of eggs • beneath
your feet. Or something like that.

But don't leave. You're too good a builder to just up and leave LUGNET, we
need you and more like you (4) around here. Let the criticism flow off you
like spam flows off my mailbox spool. Just hit the delete (or next post) • key
and move on. And get a new ISP that doesn't charge you a lot for spool • space
or inbound bytes so personal spam doesn't annoy you as much (5).

But do stay. (6)

A great speech by Larry here - but I just wanna add my encouragement.  Live
and let learn here - I've had too much frustration with this group over the
last four years, but I've stuck with it.  There are many times that I get
very upset with people here - and feel like venting, kinda like you did
today.

Jeremy - you're part of the lifeblood of this community - I know people here
can get under one's skin, but is it really worth leaving over this argument?
Please don't leave - take a while to cool off if you need to, but remember,
we want you here.

For you who decide to lay into this guy after he's taken this pretty tough -
shut up.  Though I disagree slightly with his original actions, that doesn't
help anything for you to come in and deepen his frustration by trolling at
his post today.  I'm disappointed in you - that's not what this community is
about.  Jeremy's contributed a heck of a lot to this group these past few
years - he deserves more respect than that.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne