 General / 22558
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 02:33:41 GMT

Carl Watson <cbccwats@hotmail.com> wrote:
According to the Lugnet rules your not allowed to use alias's or nicknames.
You see a few of them around though. Is this a big deal?

For the record, this is not true. The people you see posting using handles
are *not* violating the terms of service, which say:

  (do not) Post using a pseudonym, alias, screen-name, handle, alter-ego,
  meno, or any other type of name which is not your own or which hides your
  true identity, unless your real name and identity is clearly understood,
  accepted, and documented by the community as the true identity behind such
  messages.

If you look closely at any message on LUGnet, you'll find a
"X-Real-Life-Name" header. I've included yours above. This shows the
person's real name as registered with LUGnet, in full compliance with the
ToS.

I am not fond of SPAM myself, but in the friendliest place on the net I think
we can all learn to get along.

Sure. And hopefully we can all learn to not spam each other. :)

[ -> .admin.terms ]

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/