 General / 22491
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hey all,

I just got spammed by Andreas Stabno; he's hawking a sale of his.
[snip]

I run parts auctions from time to time.  I sporadically keep a list of
participants (winners, actually) and when I launch an auction, I announce it on
rtl, lma, and by sending a note to that mailing list.  I let them know what I'm
doing, tell them that I'd be happy to remove their name from my list to avoid
future annoyance, and tell them where to go see the auction stuff.  Is that
what Andreas did to you?

I've had 1-2% of the people who get my notes ask to be removed from my list,
and I've never had anyone complain about it.

Is that advertising vector generally despised, or is it just Jeremy?  It seems
like if I were pissing people off, I'd have heard about it.  So if what I'm
doing is OK, and what Andreas is doing is not, then what is the quality that
makes them so?

thanks,

Chris