 General / 22518
RE: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:29:58 GMT

First off, let me say it's always best to err on the side of caution with
mass mailings. As others have said, when constructing an auction/sale
notification list the default should be *not* adding them; only add those
who respond asking to be on such a list. Is catching the 1 or 2 who might
be interested but forget to respond really worth catching the wrath of a
rabid anti-spammer? Not in my view.

That said, I can't believe that *anyone*, no matter how anti-spam, would
really consider a message from another Lugnetter to be on the same level
as robot-generated "Make Money Now!!!!" spam. Don't respond to *any*
spammer because it just confirms your address? Give me a f**king break!
He already knows your address is valid because you've swapped messages
in the past. Or worst case, he knows it's valid because he harvested it
from Lugnet.

So if he's not playing by your rules, tell him to take you off the list.
If he's not playing by Lugnet rules, report him to Todd. If he persists,
post a message asking if others are having trouble with him and if he is
indeed an evil Spam Lord I'm sure others will be eager to join your battle
against the Dark Forces. But if you're just a whiner who can't deal with
any unsolicited message from anyone who might want to sell you something
by simply hitting the delete key then by all means flame the offender and
get a good debate going so I can hit delete several more times myself.

Because I wouldn't want to get bored.

Doug