 Off-Topic / Debate / 6525
Re: Sale announcements (Was Beware more SPAM...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:38:40 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
Uh...I'm not sure how I could have been taken as just playing devil's advocate.
I was seriously interested in where those phrases came from.  I'm sure it's
just some pop icon that I don't know about because I don't watch TV.  I do know
how they're used and stuff, I am merely interested in the origin.

I believe that currently their use is in Martha Stewart's TV show (and
other productions). However, they were catchphrases in a popular spoof
history book when I was a kid called "1066 and all that" along with
verdicts on various rulers (eg "he was a Good Man but a Bad King")

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mrkt.htm