 General / 22494
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:36:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hey all,

I just got spammed by Andreas Stabno; he's hawking a sale of his.
[snip]

I run parts auctions from time to time.  I sporadically keep a list of
participants (winners, actually) and when I launch an auction, I announce it
on rtl, lma, and by sending a note to that mailing list.  I let them know what
I'm doing, tell them that I'd be happy to remove their name from my list to
avoid future annoyance, and tell them where to go see the auction stuff.  Is
that what Andreas did to you?

I've had 1-2% of the people who get my notes ask to be removed from my list,
and I've never had anyone complain about it.

I have pointed this out before and I will again...

It is a recommended practice to NEVER respond to SPAM E-Mails even to request
removal.  In general all this tells the SPAMMER is that you exist and usually
guarentees you getting MORE SPAM not less.

So it is my practice to DELETE all SPAM no matter who it is from and never
respond to have my name removed.  Therefore I would not assume that everyone on
your list wants to receive your E-mail just because they don't ask to be
removed.

Eric Kingsley - SPAM hater.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/