 General / 22543
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:49:20 GMT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:31:36 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Mike Timm <mtimm@usinternet.com> wrote:
Jsproat, tell me this, how is this different from the Auczilla
messages when a new one rolls out?  It seems the same to me except for

Is there a prior notification that you'll be put on the list? To me, that's
a crucial distinction.

I seem to remember something to that but the "details are fuzzy" so
don't remember specifically.

But I don't see why getting added to a sales list should *ever* be an
automatic thing, even for Auczilla. Opt-in is the way. Even those of us who
don't have to pay for our connections get plenty of e-mail. Would you feel
that buying something from someone over the telephone implicitly grants them
permission to call you whenever they've got something more to sell?

I can see that, Auczilla *IS* a opt in list you do have to sign up,
the only place I remember seeing  the opt out stuff is in the
first/preannountment of the next Auczilla but I could have missed that
somewhere also.  As for the telephone thing, I'd probably have to
answer it more often, telemarketer's don't get much business from my
answering machine :^)  No I wouldn't, that's a good point.
Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!