 General / 22525
Re: Beware more SPAM from Andreas Stabno (Was: KC Masterpieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:31:36 GMT

Mike Timm <mtimm@usinternet.com> wrote:
Jsproat, tell me this, how is this different from the Auczilla
messages when a new one rolls out?  It seems the same to me except for

Is there a prior notification that you'll be put on the list? To me, that's
a crucial distinction.

But I don't see why getting added to a sales list should *ever* be an
automatic thing, even for Auczilla. Opt-in is the way. Even those of us who
don't have to pay for our connections get plenty of e-mail. Would you feel
that buying something from someone over the telephone implicitly grants them
permission to call you whenever they've got something more to sell?

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/