 Marketplace / Auctions / 122
Re: spam from Andreas Stabno
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 01:27:00 GMT

Looks like I caused a bit of a brouhaha Tuesday.  Maybe it's time to say a few
words.

To restate the events, I sent an invitation to my current auction to a number
of RTL participants.  My intent was to allow those with sporadic news access a
chance to bid in the auctions, and of course to promote the auction through
another channel.

A small group of recipients responded - some with more colorful language than
others.  Those who asked to be added to the auction distribution list have
been added.  Those who asked to be removed were removed from the original
list.  Those who did not respond will not receive any updates.

To partially relieve some of you, I did not gather names from Lugnet(tm)
News/Discussion Groups.  Instead I checked the Roll Call archive and manually
extracted names of recent entries.  Of course anyone could do the same with
postings to RTL, notices of other auction announcements, etc.

Some of us value our privacy with great concern.  Some of us hope to connect
with others who share similar interests.  It seems to me as if the Roll Call
provides these connections.

I apologize to those that I have offended, and hope that this message will not
light a flame.  A buy-sell-FAQ is not such a bad idea and can probably be
incorporated into the auction FAQ that Todd maintains on Fibblesnork(tm)

Chris Moseley writes:
So, anyone else get spammed by this guy recently? I got an unsolicited
auction announcement emailed to me. Very annoying. And hopefully from RTL not • here.

Perhaps we need a buy-sell-FAQ?

Moz
(or should this go to offtopic.discuss?)