 Castle / 13000 (+100)
  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) GOOOOOD. I'm on time three readding it. But I think that you did an excalent job on the video (A+) --Kevin W.§ (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) pressing (...) Ain't flash great? The compression is outstanding. Glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) However without a proper set up with a digital camera and monitor for reviewing current shots compared to the ones just taken, I wouldn't have the patience for it. While I have no legal responsibility for giving credit, due to my website being (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) owned by Sierra (at least that's whats on my CD Jewel case, I could be wrong). As for recognizing the tune, I don't know whether to be impressed or frightened... ;) I'll start with both and work from there. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yup, recent change. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, though I'm not sure if I like what I've started ;) I don't know if they'll be a movie, would you settle for the book? ;) Thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Actually a movie trailer was the feel I was going for. I'm hoping this movie will spark some interest in those unfamiliar with my story. As for the movie? ;) Would you settle for the book instead? ;) Cable modems rock baby! Thanks for the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) As I said to Troy, it was the feel I was going for. While most lego fanatics may not feel that stories are as valid of creations as brick and mortor... well, brick and... brick(?) MOCs, the thing on my website that has had the most time and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yowsers! (...) Ooh, three exclamation points, thats one big 'wow' ;) (...) Yup, but thanks for the triple wow :) (...) Hey, my speak and spell has been on the fritz lately, what can I say? Thats why I have anal retentive commie good for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much! I've debated whether or not to do this, and I'll explain why I've done what I've done. You see, the file is huge, at least in terms of the Internet (1 Meg), which for someone on a phone modem would take a while to download. So if (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) artsy and use it. To tell the truth I have been working on getting the next installment of the Chronicles of Ikros out the entire time. It's just that working with collaborators like I am at the moment takes a lot more time than working alone. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much! Three times? You mean you've read through all 25 chapters twice already and are working on a third time? I'm flattered, really. Thanks for the feedback! --Anthony (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Yes that would be true --Kevin W.§ (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Well, I have to confess that I used to work at Impressions (they're part of Sierra) and there used to be a cd of all the music floating around. I know I listened to it about two or three dozen times. But it was around the time of Lords of Magic, and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Wow! Wow! Wow! Great movie, very movie-trailer like. Only in this case story-trailer like! Just wondering- being a kiddie, I have never dabbled in the magic of animation. What did you use to make it? John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks much, glad ya liked it! I used Macromedia Flash 5.0. It's a nifty program with a hefty price tag (about $500 US last I checked). You can download a free trial at their website (URL) however, being a college student at a major (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Thanks. However, I, being a student (middle school) can get it for 99 dollars! Another thing to add next to by digicam for my birthday... John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  2 MOCs on Brickshelf

Hi everybody, 2 MOCs of mine have been photo'd and placed on Brickshelf. While I'm still in the process of making pictures of another MOC I'd like to place on the web, I don't know when this will be finished. So I decided on this post to announce my (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickshelf Pictures

Hi Tamy, "Mookie" <Mookie1@telocity.com> wrote in message news:3CC2200A.8DC519...ity.com... (...) Before I got this camera I made LEGO pictures with my scanner. So with all it's drawbacks having this camera is still an improvement for me, I can now (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickshelf Pictures

(...) I know that feeling, considering the number the bricks I could have gotten for the money I spent on the camera, though where's the fun when you can't show off what you did build too? I'm not complaining in the least about the pictures you've (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Well, no one else seems to want to correct you here, so here goes. Just because your website is non-profit does not mean it is "exempt from any sort of copyright law." So using that song is legally a violation of copyright law. Does that mean (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) This topic has already been addressed in lugnet, and I've come up with this conclusion. If someone replies with a thanks to a reply, but they don't reply with thanks to my reply, I'd be a little hurt. While I'm sure they did not mean to offend (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Just thought I'd point out here that while there are benefits to getting a Lugnet membership, this isn't one of them. There's no limit to how much any non-member can post either. Providing for those things you said of course. Ben Roller (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: 2 MOCs on Brickshelf

<snip> Those are really nice MOCs! I really like your house. It looks really nice and pretty, with its colors and flowerboxes. Excellent piece of art. Your cathedrial is really interesting, too. Really large... and tall. Welcome! John Kruer (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) Pick a font, any font. And then stick with it. I liked the movie (great creations!), but I'm a designer so I have to nitpick the usage of 20+ different fonts being used! :-) --Dave (jot and jab) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A few questions...

Alot of questions: Which castle wall color do think is best? Which castle set is the one you like the most? (out of any eara) There arn't any light grey castle corner walls available in current sets, right? Out of the little sets of the current (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) You know, I really like the Yellow Tudor walls! They're perfect for old victorian style architecture. (especially if you're trying to recreate english homesteads, or a really awesome medieval villiage :) (...) You know, I would have to go with (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Ya know, using just one font for something that is artistic doesn't sound good to me... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I happen to like the different fonts. He picked fonts that to me enhance the feeling of what he's trying to say. Using (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Yeah, I really like those too. Unfortunantly, there's practiclly no way to get them that I could afford. (...) Yeah... I have the instructions for one (don't ask...)And I really like it. (...) So how do you build? (just wonderering. I know you (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

(...) But good resale because everyone likes white. :-) I think 20 different fonts may be a bit much. I think one font in just one size may be too boring. I tend to use one or 2 at most and get variety by using bold, italic, etc. and varying (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: 2 MOCs on Brickshelf

Both very nice although I think a horse might have suited the Cathedral better. My fav by far was the Tudor house, very nice and woodsy looking (not part of a village). God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) I am not really that impressed with the yellow Tutor wall, so my pick is definitely the red one. Real pretty, and its great that it comes in the Guarded Inn. (...) I think my favorite set is the King's Mountain Fortress. A lovely little (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) I used 'em for school projects whenever possible. In the 6th grade I made a "house of the future" for a school project. In 11th grade I made a mechanical car model for math class and calculated gear ratios, distance travelled, and the sine (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people)

  New release of Castle series

Not considering the Harry Porter theme as a Castle theme, am I right to say that Lego has not release any new Castle sub-theme since the King Leo and Cedric the Bull sub-theme in 2000? P.S. Anyone can tell me on around which month Lego is going to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Light grey is what I prefer building my castles in. If they were available in Tan or dark greay (in bulk), those colours coudl make for great colours for large stone buildings. But use whatever YOU think looks best. I've seen some great look (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Lego hasn't released any full blown castle series since then, but two individual sets the old Guarded Inn (rerelesed), and the new Blacksmith's Shop are both availbale now. Not only are they among the best lego sets available now, they are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) That is correct. HP is closely related to Castle, but not castle in itself... it is a license to produce toys based on the movie. The last theme(s) where Knights Kingdom (Leo's Lions vs Cedric's Bulls). (...) I think since year 2000, Lego has (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree, both sets have wonderful parts and are pretty good on their own also. I wouldn't mind seeing a reasonably priced castle set though for extra knights, horses, weapons, and parts. (...) Yeah... Hopefully BFF, the yellow castle is a bit (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Not so fictitious. I am an organic chemist, and a large part of understanding how molecules work is understanding their three-dimensional structure. When we teach organic we use these plastic models, but I would say that in some ways I took to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) thopse Lego bricks come to great use because their combinations are endless or as I would say (binary). Anyway, I would usually make a "learning excuse" to get my hands on more bricks, and hey! It worked! (...) Well, I'm not really into (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Okay. I'm game... (...) Light Gray. I do most of my Castle MOCs in this color. Some would argue just light gray bricks are better, as they do not limit you to certain styles. But I have a decent number of light gray wall elements, and I like (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) I think it really depends on the castle you're trying to build. Overall, I'd say light gray is the best, but it's possible to have a completely realistic (or evil) looking castle using black with gray highlights. Didn't someone have a pink and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Schroeder writes: <SNIP> (...) LOL! Me too! And it was no easy feat mind you. I found some Mindstorm stuff that was about 60% off and did a little song and dance to get 'em. You might be more impressed if you knew how my (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) thanks Magnus. Agree with you very much on the new Blacksmith's shop, it's really good, a nice combination of the old Town theme components and the castle components. I've bought it also. And I like Hao-yang Wang's notes: "Once assembled, this (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Actuall I did purchase most of the King Leo sub-theme except the King Leo's Castle which I think is simply not worth US$110. To me it worth US$75 at most. Ha ha, ashamed that I bought the 6097 Night Lord's Castle recently. The reason mainly I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Well, they won't re-release it exactly, but it is on the voting list for the next Legends set in a modified form. Frank (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) In the US, Lego has been doing semi-annual and quarterly releases since at least 1997, probably even earlier. The first spring release I specifically remember was the "Aqua Raiders" mini-theme. Before then, I didn't really pay much attention. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Clones? [was Re: 2002's good for Castle!]

(...) really do look a lot like Yellow Castle helmets, both in the brush on top and in the shape of the eye-slit. Can anyone who actually owns a clonetrooper comment on the similarity, or the appropriateness of the mold? From what I can see, a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Jackie, MOC = My Own Creation IMHO = In My Honest Opinion, or In My Humble Opinion Bruce (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Yes, light grey with or without black is probabbly the way to go. (...) Loy of support for those two these days... (...) There are in the island, actually. 1 unprinted grey one, 2 unprinted black ones, and 1 unprinted black castle wall (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) Hmmm... I like it to. I can't really really set my sights on the yellow tudor walls... so these will have to do anyway. (...) Yeah, its a really nice set, judging by the instructions. A bit more interesting then the the king's castle, too. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) I got my wife to give me 100 Defense Archer sets for my agreeing to wear my wedding band for a year! Bwhahahahaha! Somebody top that! ;) Jimmy (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

(...) That is always nice to see, a marriage based on bribery. :-) Jude XFUT o-t.fun (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Brickshelf Pictures

"Mookie" <Mookie1@telocity.com> wrote in message news:3CCA0AA7.2C7219...ity.com... (...) when (...) Yes, that's very true. (...) clear (...) I'm glad to read. Still I think some improvement must be possible. (...) share (...) So I don't have to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 MOCs on Brickshelf

Hi John, "John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gv99wq.KvJ@lugnet.com... (...) really nice (...) art. Your (...) Welcome! That's nice to read, does me good, thank you. The flowerboxes are supposed to be Austrian. I've never (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 MOCs on Brickshelf

Hi Nathan, "Nathan Todd" <njt@london.com> wrote in message news:GvAv2C.AAt@lugnet.com... (...) Cathedral (...) looking (not (...) Thank you. I agree on the horse but I found myself unable to build a convincing horse statue. It always looked like a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

Hi John, "John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvAFx5.97E@lugnet.com... (...) Light grey I think. (...) I like Batlord's castle (6097). It's the first castle I bought and it got me into castle building. (...) sets, right? (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 MOCs on Brickshelf

"Nathan Todd" <njt@london.com> wrote in message news:GvAv2C.AAt@lugnet.com... (...) Cathedral (...) looking (not (...) I agree on the horse but I found myself unable to build a convincing horse statue. It always looked like a man on a horse in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Frank. Is there a voting list? Where can I find it? Do you know is Lego really taking into account such voting list when they plan their re-release? Thank you. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) The first mid-year release I can remember was Blacktron I, which I first saw in August 1987. The next year, Futuron came out in the fall, and ever since then there's been one mid-year release or another. Pirates also come to mind in 1989... (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi Jackie, it's all right here: (URL) will explain everything. Hope that helps. ~Adam (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Yep-- I can remember looking at the catalogs and thinking "I can't wait" (though I was only 10 at the time, so I wouldn't have gotten them on the "release dates" anyway; I'd still have to wait for my birthday or Xmas). I checked the 1987 (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clones? [was Re: 2002's good for Castle!]

Waay back when, I had a yellow castle. *le sigh* My folks gave it away. Waah. ): The helmets in the yellow castle set were actually two pieces. One was the visor with the crest, and the rest was the helmet. So you could flip up the visor and see the (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

Hi John, "John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvED4r.GIG@lugnet.com... (...) interested, (...) I have one too and I'm using the log wall's in my current project. You can find a picture of it here: (URL) idea is to build a two (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introducing the Introduction!

Hi Anthony, Not having read any of your story before I just watched your movie a few times and enjoyed it. Left me real curious for the kingdom of Ikros so I guess the introduction did what it's supposed do. Good work! Twan. -- Twanneman@planet.nl (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Three new Castle MOCS

Greetings all, I have had the last 7 days off from classes for semester break and I have been building up a storm. I have destroyed my older large black castle and have greatly expanded on it. This keep is not yet finished and has several areas yet (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A few questions...

Very nice use of the "wood" wall sections, Twan! I use them in a much less original away, just for timber structures. I have also found that the 1 by 2 and 1 by 4 bricks are great for building hoardings to hang at the top of castle walls. cheers (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  query about set 1547

G'day, I'm trying to build set 1547 from the instructions on brickshelf, and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what part should be used in the 'mouth' of the dragon...in the picture at the start the clip is one that would allow (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

(...) Assuming its supposed to be a forked tongue, I'd say what's show in the instructions would look better. Jeff (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) In a previous message: "Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera" although the transcript is no (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) If they make "real Crusaders" I would also like to see some real Saracins to beat back the filthy European invaders! ;-) Seriously, If people want to see "new" castle series, why doesn't someone do a poll of MOC's on Brickshelf (and other (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I found the transcript here (URL) ...stus_qa.pdf after reading it i found out i was wrong about the TLC vs Lego direct thing but read question 35, he said they probably wouldnt do a major retail theme, (but he doesnt garantee) peter your replys are (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

(...) for a picture of what it is supposed to look like go here (URL) brad (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree wholeheartedly that they should come out with some Saracens. Curved swords, round shiels w/spike, funky turban helms. I would love it! If not, I would even settle for Moors. Aaron D. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

(...) different. The clip on the front of the Dragon head is a different one. Jeff (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I think this could be a great theme. It would open up other great possibilities, like a castle in tan with an Eastern flavour. Perhaps it could also go in the direction of fairy tales/fantasy with flying carpets and the like, which might be (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) If it were up to me I would pass on the fairy tale/fantasy elements. But I will take some Lego Camels! (the animal kind) (...) Good idea, although I dislike disfiguring my Lego weapons. Another approach would be to use the purple turban from (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

William, It just kept getting better. I looked at the keep and said "cool!". Then I looked at the inn and liked it even more, then the house and I liked that best of all. I really like the modular design of the inn and house. The color scheme on the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

That's funny. I think it looks better with the clip shown in the instructions (the one that holds tools vertically), but Peeron agrees with the photograph of the completed model, listing the clip that holds tools horizontally in their inventory: (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: *New release of Castle series*

(...) ~Take a look ! (URL) ¤Sincerely, --==RïçhårÐ==-- (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.general)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well, would be that we already have an abundance of roman style (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New newsgroup suggestion: build.fantasy

There's a discussion on admin.suggestions at the moment about a possible new newsgroup for discussion of fantasy MOCs (sparked by a thread on possible Dragonriders of Pern models). I know some people discuss fantasy models here. If you have feelings (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree with what you say about the romans, but *why limit to the romans* when there are lots of people from the Classic Ages? Think Greeks, Phoenicians, Chartaginians, Gauls, Germans, Britons,... it would be a never-ending theme, every year (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

(...) Hi Bruce, thanks for the comments, I hadn't yet seen The Prancing Pony and his design is amazing. I'm not sure how I missed it. That is the kind of inn I would love to build. Money and my current brick shortage are some of the factors that (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh hey! I'd definitely go for some Saracens - and I wouldn't turn down some Byzantines to beat back the Islamic invaders <g>. But I'd *really* love some Saracens. And Greeks, and Romans, and Persians..... Bruce (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Knight's Kingdom helmet is roman styled?!? Surely you don't mean the kettle hat? Perhaps the ersatz salade the Bulls (and earlier) have - I'd like to see a real roman helmet rather than press that into service. (...) Chain would be far more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh Yah, ToTaLlY! Castle is among the best themes for future development!!! There are so many different periods that haven’t even been explored! And even more than periods, past cultures can be explored. Not jus’ the ethnocentric westernized (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

My one has a horizontal clip in its mouth FWIW -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GvHwMn.Iur@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

Hi William, I like what you have done with the manor house. It's a very inposing building. I also like how you have made the floors removable to allow easier access. Well done sir. one thing I would say is maybe the door frame needs a little more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Totally agree. Say for example I will rather buy more MISB of old castle sets in ebay instead of the juniorised King Leo's Castle. Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Adam. Thanks very much for letting me know. I have just visited the site and vote for the Yellow Castle also (I already have the Black Falcon's Fortress!) Too bad my other favourites e.g the Black Monarch's Castle, or Eldorado Fortress (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Vow, I agree. (I am a Chinese, hehe) It will be great to have a theme of the Chinese Martial Art World. Have you guys seen the movie "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?". Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) 38 Pope Urbans!!! HAHA HA HAH HAHA HAHAHH AHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!! That was such a good one. Maybe they could be converted into nobles, merchants, tradesmen and the like. Well this is all a fantasy, Lego will probably team up with some ridiculous (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hello all, My latest creation is photographed and a collection of pictures is up on brickshelf at: (URL) "Phoenix' nest" was named such because it features a copper statue of a rising phoenix mounted on the bell tower. I tried to make this a (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

Hi William, Beautiful MOCs, all three of them, thanks for showing! I agree with Bruce Hietbrink that the Lions Keep is a real cool castle to start with, and your creations get even better starting from there. Also I noticed that the size decreases (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi Pedro, "Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GvIBGx.DH8@lugnet.com... (...) romans* (...) a (...) This is a great idea. I'd love to see such a theme. "LEGO antique civilizations" maybe? This theme could go on for years: chariots, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) how you did it. How do people get inside? Through that tunnel in the rock below? Nice incorporation of the Bellvile roof. You don't see that often. Bruce (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) Let me be the first to congratulate you on your very unique 'castle' structure. I am continuously amazed by people's ability to use wacky colors in subtle ways. The structure itself and architectural 'style' is both unique and pleasing. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I believe the prospects for official ancient toy themes relies on popular entertainment. (Personally, I'd rather not see an official one.) Unfortunately that iron has been heated and cooled already. The "Sword and Sandals" genre in the past few (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) ? *Ahem*... not those! Coffee was only introduced in the Renaissance, from Arabia! ;-) (But here's a new idea - Renaissance!!! And I'd be especially interested in this one, hehe!) (...) Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking of. It has an (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Not only that, the *whole* Chinese lifestyle portrayed in LEGO. And when I said Chinese, I was only giving an example of what could be done with positive results. India, Incas, Aztecs (but not like in the Johnny Thunder theme!) would also be (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact