 Castle / 13040
Re: A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:
Alot of questions:

Which castle wall color do think is best?

I think it really depends on the castle you're trying to build.  Overall,
I'd say light gray is the best, but it's possible to have a completely
realistic (or evil) looking castle using black with gray highlights.  Didn't
someone have a pink and white castle on here a while ago?

Which castle set is the one you like the most? (out of any eara)

BFF is great, but I would honestly say that I think the Blacksmith Shop may
be the best ever.  And I'm normally pretty war-like in nature with my Legos,
not often building anything but castles and seige engines.  It's great for
the parts, it's great because it was made by one of us (so buy a bunch and
support the MOC program) and it's great because it shows people (like my
wife and maybe your parents) how realistic, imaginative and detailed a "toy" can

There arn't any light grey castle corner walls available in current sets, right?

Not that I know of.  Are there any with the HP castle?

Out of the little sets of the current castle, which is the best for pieces?

Blacksmith Shop and Guarded Inn.  You can never have too many catapults
though...

Out of all sets avalaible, which is the best for pieces?

Blacksmith Shop, hands down.

Thanks, people.

John Kruer

p.s.- I'm afraid my parents have decided that 'what is the use of buying
pieces you already have if you just add them to your collection, so,
unfortunantly, my 4 buys on bricklink will be my only ones...  So I'll have
to make use current sets:-(

Ouch.  But don't worry.  I was in a similar situation, and it kind of added
to my dark ages.  Things picked up a little when I was 16, because I could
drive to TRU and then hide the "toys" in the garage until later.  But I
eventually realized that I was the one working for the money (mowing lawns,
cashier, whatever) and I could do with it what I wanted.  My parents
couldn't argue with that too much.  And if yours do, mention something under
your breath like, "Ok, but then I'll have all this extra money that could go
to cigarettes..."  That'll turn them.

But your convincing your parents is much easier than...(pause for effect)...
a new wife!  Pulled that one off too though.  I somehow got away with buying
Legos on my honeymoon (we were at Disney World at the huge Lego store).

Good Luck,
<>Nate<>