 Castle / 13055
Re: A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 01:06:41 GMT

Hi John,

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GvAFx5.97E@lugnet.com...
Alot of questions:

Which castle wall color do think is best?

Light grey I think.

Which castle set is the one you like the most? (out of any eara)

I like Batlord's castle (6097). It's the first castle I bought and it
got me
into castle building.

There arn't any light grey castle corner walls available in current
sets, right?

Dunno, none that I know of.

Out of the little sets of the current castle, which is the best for
pieces?

The Guarded Inn (10000) and Blacksmith Shop (3739) are really
great for pieces, but I don't know if they count as little sets for
you.
The Rebel Chariot (4819) and Knight's Catapult also contain
useful bricks.

Out of all sets avalaible, which is the best for pieces?

There are to many available sets with good pieces to name a few
that are the best. I'd say that the sets that are on sale for you
locally are probably the best. Interesting themes to look at for
castle pieces are Star Wars (especially the older sets), baby
dinosaurs also contain a few nice pieces, Creator is good for
general rectagular bricks, which I use most.

Thanks, people.

John Kruer

p.s.- I'm afraid my parents have decided that 'what is the use of • buying
pieces you already have if you just add them to your collection, so,
unfortunantly, my 4 buys on bricklink will be my only ones...  So • I'll have
to make use current sets:-(

Yes, parents can be like that. I'm sorry to read.

OTOH. Since I don't live with my parents anymore I don't have
these problems. But now I find that I want pieces never made,
or otherwise unavailable to me, or I want a set that is not within
my budget. I don't think this wanting for something unreachable
will ever stop, so the best way to go at it seems to learn to use
the pieces that are available to you.

But I can imagine it must be really frustrating to be able to see
all those cool pieces on bricklink and not being able to get them
yourself.

Twan