 Castle / 13030
Re: A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:
Alot of questions:

Which castle wall color do think is best?

I am not really that impressed with the yellow Tutor wall, so my pick is
definitely the red one.  Real pretty, and its great that it comes in
the Guarded Inn.

Which castle set is the one you like the most? (out of any eara)

I think  my favorite set is the King's Mountain Fortress. A lovely little
stronghold on the green "rocky" raised baseplate.  It looks very quaint,
has the castle female minifig (AKA castle wench), has a nice host of
soldiers, including the 2 archers which look fabulous and the mountain
knights, whose helms look great.  The tree is also fantastic and so is the
tower with the twin crossbows on the top.

The only drawbacks I can think of, is there is only one "liveable" room.
And that is the tower.  There is an open court yard with treasure, and the
driveway.....

There arn't any light grey castle corner walls available in current sets, right?

Out of the little sets of the current castle, which is the best for pieces?

Guarded Inn for larger pieces and Blacksmith shop for smaller pieces.  They
still sell Catapult sets at Shop @ Home ... for catapult pieces, a kettle helm
knight, and a cute female minifig with the helm and visor (and the shiny
breastplate).

Out of all sets avalaible, which is the best for pieces?

You got me there.  My experience with Castle is limited, but I'll have to
say at the moment what I said above.  For smaller pieces, the Blacksmith shop
is good, but for castle walls, and other "goodies" the Guarded Inn is also
nice.

John Kruer

p.s.- I'm afraid my parents have decided that 'what is the use of buying
pieces you already have if you just add them to your collection, so,
unfortunantly, my 4 buys on bricklink will be my only ones...  So I'll have
to make use current sets:-(

That totally sucks.  There is no such thing as useless Lego purchases... :)
However, my collection is a bit over-sized for my living space allocation
at the moment.  I have roughly 75,000 pieces in my collection....30% of which
was collected in the last 6 months or so.  (most of this is unfortunately town
related) but a bulk of my purchases, especially from shop@home and other
places is castle related.

Best of luck with everything.  If you wanted to make something neat, 4 guarded
inns, a couple hundred grey bricks, and a blacksmith shop would make an
excellent looking castle if done up right.  guarded inns as the walls and
guard towers, with the blacksmith shop as the central keep.

Hmmm...sounds like an interesting next project....D'oh!!
I'd better shut-up before I go bankrupt!!!! :)

Benjamin Medinets