 Castle / 13031
Re: A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:38:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
I just told my parents the learning values of Lego (I was kind of fictitious
on that), so they decided for letting me buy more parts. I guess a bit
of thought is needed for a good excuse, but I'm sure you'll come
up for one

I used 'em for school projects whenever possible. In the 6th grade I made a
"house of the future" for a school project. In 11th grade I made a
mechanical car model for math class and calculated gear ratios, distance
travelled, and the sine wave created by the piston as it moved. Also in 11th
grade I created a waterwheel model in an attempt to recreate an experiment
demonstrating chaos theory (for another math project.) And in animation
class I used them yet again-- and a few other places. It's great how they
can be used for so much more than just playing...

I'm afraid that's well near impossible... my parents have never played with
Legos, and I do not think they would rather me play with them as much as I
do.  None of my friends (well, friend) has many castle pieces, and anyway my
parents said 'no' long ago.

My parents kinda tried to "shame" me into not playing with them anymore.
Sorry to say it worked for a while. "You don't actually *PLAY* with your
Legos anymore do you, David?" "Uh... [embarrassed] No?" So the bricks went
up in the attic for a few years. But unable to resist the temptation I
brought 'em back down later in high school, much to my parents' dismay,
under the guise of being solely for a school project. But the Lego stayed
out. My parents thought I was wierd or something. It took time for them to
get used to Lego as a hobby; but I'm 25 now, and they're actually rather
proud of some of the Lego creations I've made or contributed to. Anyway, my
advice is to stick with it.

DaveE

FUT .people