 Castle / 13025
Re: A few questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:56:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:
Alot of questions:

Which castle wall color do think is best?

You know, I really like the Yellow Tudor walls! They're
perfect for old victorian style architecture. (especially
if you're trying to recreate english homesteads, or a
really awesome medieval villiage :)

Which castle set is the one you like the most? (out of any eara)

You know, I would have to go with something more exotic, such as
a Black Falcon's Fortress...
(sorry to all you hard core castle fans)
What's so great about a BFF, you ask?
I guess I'm compelled to tell you, so here goes...

The BFF has another excellent design, and makes for
an excellent alternative to the guarded inn. Although it's
a tad more expensive, It has a generally good design,
lots of walls and basic bricks elements, as well as a great
color scheme, lots of BLack Falcon Figures, and the coveted
yellow Tudor wall. Of course, lots of other "extras" are
included such as a nice drawbridge, a towered roof, and a
rare BLack Falcon flag. Anyway, the design is timeless IMO,
so If I had the choice between a castle set close to a BFf,
I would go with the BFF. (I'm not making any comparisons the
a Yellow Castle, 'cuz you really can't compare the two.)

There arn't any light grey castle corner walls available in current sets, right?

Unfortunately not, although I've seen dark grey ones
in those cheesy fright knghts sets (But I think they're
boring for a traditional castle.) Anyway, I don't build with
castle walls, unless I *really* have to, because I go for
the traditional look.

Out of the little sets of the current castle, which is the best for pieces?

Oh yeah! Go for the Armor Shop! There's a nice assortment of roofing
elements, bricks, minifigures, weapons, a horse, and several castle
wall elements. Overall, it's an *excellent* set for parts. However,
due to the flooded Lego market, I wish you luck on finding one under
$40. (I got mine for $37)

Oh, that's right...you meant small and cheap, I'm guessing?

Er...that's a tough one, but I'll have to go with the
Guarded Inn. You get a lot of parts for a cheap price, including
four minifigs, some shields, and a few wall elements.
So yes, go for that.

Out of all sets avalaible, which is the best for pieces?

Just grab a BFF. You won't regret it. :)
(in hopes that it will somehow become a Legend.)

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112
Pyrokid17@hotmail.com

Thanks, people.

John Kruer

p.s.- I'm afraid my parents have decided that 'what is the use of buying
pieces you already have if you just add them to your collection, so,
unfortunantly, my 4 buys on bricklink will be my only ones...  So I'll have
to make use current sets:-(

Arrgh...that's too bad. I had the same problem when I was younger
(about five years ago). So, I came up with quite a funny solution.
Instead of going off on my word, I just told my parents
the learning values of Lego (I was kind of fictitious on that),
so they decided for letting me buy more parts. I guess a bit
of thought is needed for a good excuse, but I'm sure you'll come
up for one, but otherwise, trade parts to friends of yours for
better ones, that you'll be adding extra parts to your collection
in exchange for your old ones. A simple trade, eh?
Just a suggestion...