 People / 3124
3123  |  3125
Subject:
Parents and legos (was Re: A few questions...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:05:36 GMT

I am home-schooled and my parents nourish Lego as a hobby.  Instead of
spending free time playing video games, watching tv or on the computer (hmm,
scratch that, spending time on the computer doing non-lego things. ), I
build with legos. They enjoy my enjoyment and I share this with my friends.
As a matter of fact, I have helped three friends emerge from thier dark ages
and the ones I couldn't help, I aqquired thier collection.  Anyway, off the
subject there, there are ways to justify your lego interests with your
parents. Here are some:

(z)I don't play with lego, I model.

(a)People kill themseleves breathing in the toxic fumes of glue while
modeling.  I do the same thing but without the glue and therefore have a
chance to live afterwards.

(b)Yes, I am too old to play with legos, however I am too young to be an
architect so I need an compromise, I'll build Lego buildings...

(c)There is great money in my collection.  If I don't take care of it and
let it gather dust and crack due to heat or frost in the attic, your
investment in it will be lost.

(d)I'll sell sets on eBay that I buy on clearance, you keep half and I'll
use my half to spend on new lego, Deal?

(e)You collect _insert thier hobby_ (stamps, coins, buttons, and die cast
toys), why can't I have a collection like you do?

(f)Why are trying to limit my imagination when you told me before that there
is no such thing?

(g)They are good decorations for my room, or else you'd prefer hooters
posters...

and the best...

(h)show your parents lugnet, point to the crazy loons (not really but in a
parents perspective) that are worse than you and are 40 years old.  Then
say, "At least I'm not like them."

Please add to this...

Jeremy Scott

This post was only for humor.  To all the crazy loons: we all are crazy
loons, just some have it worse.

:^)