 Castle / 13079
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 22:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:
In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:
I agree wholeheartedly that they should come out with some Saracens.  Curved
swords, round shiels w/spike, funky turban helms.  I would love it!  If not,
I would even settle for Moors.

Aaron D.

I think this could be a great theme. It would open up other great
possibilities, like a castle in tan with an Eastern flavour. Perhaps it
could also go in the direction of fairy tales/fantasy with flying carpets
and the like, which might be very popular with kids, and if not juniorised,
could be great for us as well.

If it were up to me I would pass on the fairy tale/fantasy elements.  But I
will take some Lego Camels! (the animal kind)

If you want to make your own saracens/moors now, I think you can get decent
ones by using scale mail torsos, bullet helmets and using pirate sabres,
where you cut off the handguard, for a kind of scimitar.

Good idea, although I dislike disfiguring my Lego weapons.  Another approach
would be to use the purple turban from Pr. Quirrel Harry Potter dude, with
the curly mustache and eyebrow head from the dragon masters, with a chess
king torso and white legs.

Aaron D.

For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite
good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader
wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well,
would be that we already have an abundance of roman style helmetry
(remember knight's knigdom?), and gladiatior shields would make
a nice comeback, especially if made in light grey and brown!

Actually, I would really like to see some crusader
sets, with the white and red crosses, great swords, and full
plate armor to boot, even better, horse armor, not just bardings.
They could create several scenes, such as Pope Urban's address
to the crusaders, the marching forth (think knight's procession),
a christian monestery set, and of course, the great palace,
and turkish styled creations, such as a grand mecca, merchant square,
rogue forces, and an islam temple.
A theme such as this would be truly fascination, not in a Lego
sense, but also in a hostorical stance. To put it into short
words for me, though, more great parts...

Anyway, though, I really have had enough of the fantasy theme
for now, cuz Harry Potter came as a disappointment to me, being
a castle fan. Great parts, poor models.
Maybe fantasy really just doesn't hit me anymore...
besides, a lot of fantasy works today are so fictitious,
there's no way I can read them without laughing. (not in
a funny way...)

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No.1112