 Castle / 13034
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:02:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jackie Tang writes:
Not considering the Harry Porter theme as a Castle theme, am I right to say
that Lego has not release any new Castle sub-theme since the King Leo and
Cedric the Bull sub-theme in 2000?

Lego hasn't released any full blown castle series since then, but two
individual sets the old Guarded Inn (rerelesed), and the new Blacksmith's
Shop are both availbale now. Not only are they among the best lego sets
available now, they are also among the best castle sets ever made. We
probably won't see another castle series until the HP stops, but hopefully
we will get another old castle set rereleased by Xmas. Either the Black
Falcon's Fortress, another great old favourite, or the Yellow castle.
Although there isn't an actual castle line in producton now, IMHO the
available sets are better for castle MOC building than 2 years ago when the
very juniorised King Leo/Cedric Bull line was in production.

P.S. Anyone can tell me on around which month Lego is going to has its
annual release?

I get the impression that different sets come at different points in the
year. Lots of the non castle sets have very good parts for castle building.

cheers

Magnus