 Castle / 13081
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 23:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:

For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite
good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader
wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well,
would be that we already have an abundance of roman style helmetry
(remember knight's knigdom?), and gladiatior shields would make
a nice comeback, especially if made in light grey and brown!

I agree with what you say about the romans, but *why limit to the romans*
when there are lots of people from the Classic Ages? Think Greeks,
Phoenicians, Chartaginians, Gauls, Germans, Britons,... it would be a
never-ending theme, every year LEGO could issue a new sub-theme!

And since we're at it, why limit to Europe/Mediterranean? I mean, why not a
theme about the oldest civilization on Earth, China? Wouldn't it be a
fantastic theme, if nothing else for the colours we'd get to see?

Actually, I would really like to see some crusader
sets, with the white and red crosses, great swords, and full
plate armor to boot, even better, horse armor, not just bardings.
They could create several scenes, such as Pope Urban's address
to the crusaders, the marching forth (think knight's procession),
a christian monestery set, and of course, the great palace,
and turkish styled creations, such as a grand mecca, merchant square,
rogue forces, and an islam temple.

I'm thinking Cordoba's Mosque in LEGO... hmmm... :-)

A theme such as this would be truly fascination, not in a Lego
sense, but also in a hostorical stance. To put it into short
words for me, though, more great parts...

Yup.
I think TLC has only the embarassment of choosing from so many great
possible themes. I'm sure any of them would be met with success, if some
fair degree of
detail were used.

Just my two €cents,

Pedro