 Castle / 13075
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 17:20:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:
I agree wholeheartedly that they should come out with some Saracens.  Curved
swords, round shiels w/spike, funky turban helms.  I would love it!  If not,
I would even settle for Moors.

Aaron D.

I think this could be a great theme. It would open up other great
possibilities, like a castle in tan with an Eastern flavour. Perhaps it
could also go in the direction of fairy tales/fantasy with flying carpets
and the like, which might be very popular with kids, and if not juniorised,
could be great for us as well.

If it were up to me I would pass on the fairy tale/fantasy elements.  But I
will take some Lego Camels! (the animal kind)

If you want to make your own saracens/moors now, I think you can get decent
ones by using scale mail torsos, bullet helmets and using pirate sabres,
where you cut off the handguard, for a kind of scimitar.

Good idea, although I dislike disfiguring my Lego weapons.  Another approach
would be to use the purple turban from Pr. Quirrel Harry Potter dude, with
the curly mustache and eyebrow head from the dragon masters, with a chess
king torso and white legs.

Aaron D.