 Castle / 13084
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 00:26:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:

For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite
good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader
wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well,
would be that we already have an abundance of roman style helmetry
(remember knight's knigdom?), and gladiatior shields would make
a nice comeback, especially if made in light grey and brown!

Knight's Kingdom helmet is roman styled?!?  Surely you don't mean the kettle
hat?  Perhaps the ersatz salade the Bulls (and earlier) have - I'd like to
see a real roman helmet rather than press that into service.

Actually, I would really like to see some crusader
sets, with the white and red crosses, great swords, and full
plate armor to boot, even better, horse armor, not just bardings.

Chain would be far more appropriate for the 12th century.  But if Lego wants
to throw full plate circa the 1400's in, I won't complain, mind you.  ;-)

They could create several scenes, such as Pope Urban's address
to the crusaders, the marching forth (think knight's procession),
a christian monestery set, and of course, the great palace,
and turkish styled creations, such as a grand mecca, merchant square,
rogue forces, and an islam temple.

All great stuff - but dollars to donuts that you would end up with 38 Pope
Urbans (kinda like King Leo).  Shriek!

Bruce