 Castle / 13036
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:47:58 GMT

Lego hasn't released any full blown castle series since then, but two
individual sets the old Guarded Inn (rerelesed), and the new Blacksmith's
Shop are both availbale now. Not only are they among the best lego sets
available now, they are also among the best castle sets ever made.

I agree, both sets have wonderful parts and are pretty good on their own also.
I wouldn't mind seeing a reasonably priced castle set though for extra
knights, horses, weapons, and parts.

We probably won't see another castle series until the HP stops, but hopefully
we will get another old castle set rereleased by Xmas. Either the Black
Falcon's Fortress, another great old favourite, or the Yellow castle.

Yeah... Hopefully BFF, the yellow castle is a bit bland for my taste.  I
also don't care too much for the horses, and what little coolness factor that
the castle had is diminished because of LEGO's decision not to use the
classic helm/visor, but the newer style.

Although there isn't an actual castle line in producton now, IMHO the
available sets are better for castle MOC building than 2 years ago when the
very juniorised King Leo/Cedric Bull line was in production.

Well, I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I have to say that
there were some great stuff that Knights Kingdom had.  All the Chrome
sets were very nice (for parts), and some of the smaller sets...
didn't really like the "new" castle walls, but they might make an interesting
walls for a troop barracks.... hmmm????  Though I have to agree that the
main castle itself a major down-grade in overall design over EVEN the
fright night's castle.

What's really twisted and bizarre is the current going rate for the castle.
On, E-bay, the castle still goes for above its MSRP.  It makes me scratch
my head to say the least.  I was interested in getting the set (for parts),
but seeing as they put out most of the pieces I was looking for in the
smaller sets, there was no further need at acquiring the castle.

I think with what I have, I could possibly build the castle.  But my reasoning
is why make something that "shallow".  What I'm building right now is much
better than Leo's Castle.

Benjamin Medinets