 Castle / 13102
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 22:59:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pedro Silva writes:

Picture Boba Fett's helmet in a different colour - and you have an hoplite's
helmet!
The same would be possible with a modified normal helmet (without the
chin-strap), and an upside-down normal visor, also modified to fit a cocarde.
If we can live with a little compromise, LEGO wold'nt have to spend too much
designing new molds... ;-)

Haha!  I just found my son's Boba Fett helmet lying around about an hour ago
and put it on a scale mail guy from Castle and was going to ask if anyone
has sawed off the backpack yet!

Actually, I chop up the bat-wing helmet to make a Corinthian helmet as it
stands.

Actually, I would really like to see some crusader
sets, with the white and red crosses, great swords, and full
plate armor to boot, even better, horse armor, not just bardings.

Chain would be far more appropriate for the 12th century.  But if Lego wants
to throw full plate circa the 1400's in, I won't complain, mind you.  ;-)

As long as they make Caravels for the same period, I won't either!...  ;-)

Those would be cool, too.

They could create several scenes, such as Pope Urban's address
to the crusaders, the marching forth (think knight's procession),
a christian monestery set, and of course, the great palace,
and turkish styled creations, such as a grand mecca, merchant square,
rogue forces, and an islam temple.

All great stuff - but dollars to donuts that you would end up with 38 Pope
Urbans (kinda like King Leo).  Shriek!

Well, you could always use two: one for Rome and  the other for Avignon...

Three - weren't there two french popes to go along with the one Roman all at
the same time?  Where's LFB when you need him?

Squads of Pope Urbans marching in formation (and with Lego articulation,
goose-stepping).  I love it.
Bruce