 Castle / 13035
Re: New release of Castle series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jackie Tang writes:
Not considering the Harry Porter theme as a Castle theme, am I right to say
that Lego has not release any new Castle sub-theme since the King Leo and
Cedric the Bull sub-theme in 2000?

That is correct.  HP is closely related to Castle, but not castle in itself...
it is a license to produce toys based on the movie.  The last theme(s) where
Knights Kingdom (Leo's Lions vs Cedric's Bulls).

P.S. Anyone can tell me on around which month Lego is going to has its
annual release?

I think since year 2000, Lego has stopped with its traditional annual release.
What you find are smaller quarterly releases.  Winter saw the release of
2 legends (Breezeway Cafe, Pizza2Go), Sante Fe train, MOC (Blacksmith Shop),
new line-up for themes: Soccer, Alpha Team, and Harry Potter.
For the spring, the releases are: New Island Extreme sets (skateboarding,
water skiing, race car, etc) and Star Wars Episode II, (I don't know about
any other themes to be released in Spring.

There's Galidor (but that isn't really Lego)  I wouldn't be surprised if
Jack Stone sees a recurrance, there were the new line-up...Jack Stone vs airline
terrorists with a Jack Stone Airport, a couple planes, etc.  I would be very
hardpressed to see a release date so soon, with retail chains still having
a hard time selling the first Jackstone sets out.  (Proof is in the pudding,
I guess).

There should be at least one more Legend out by Christmas, a MOC set
(hopefully), HP Chamber of Secrets line-up.  That is as far as I know.
I'm hoping for another upgrade to the Mindstorm line-up.  But as far as
any other themes in the pipework, I don't know.  As far as Castle is
concerned, the likelihood of a new subtheme is probable, but unlikely.

I think LEGO has decided to fulfill the desires of Castleheads by providing
Legends (Guarded Inn), MOCs (Blacksmith Shop), and some pieces.  Let's hope
LEGO puts out another castle MOC, Black Falcon Fortress (as a Legend), and
puts out a couple castle sets as Classic Rereleases.

Benjamin Medinets