 Castle / 13019
Re: Introducing the Introduction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

While I have no legal responsibility for giving credit, due to my website being
classified as a personal not-for-profit website, and that I do not, nor anyone
else, make any money off my website (and thus exempt from any sort of copyright
laws, it's this sort of thing that allows unofficial fan websites to be
created), I have heeded to the will of fair play.  I know if it were my song, I
would want credit.  So if you re-watch it, at the end you'll see a mention.

Well, no one else seems to want to correct you here, so here goes.  Just
because your website is non-profit does not mean it is "exempt from any sort
of copyright law."  So using that song is legally a violation of copyright
law.  Does that mean they'll do anything?  Probably not.  It takes time and
effort to send off all those cease and desist letters.

BTW, could you in the future reply to others via email instead of posting to
Lugnet (at least for the "thanks for the response" type messages)?  Ten
messages in a row answering questions and thanking people for their response
is a little much.

Jimmy