 Publishing / 3387
Re: Introducing the Introduction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:37:48 GMT

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> writes:
While I have no legal responsibility for giving credit, due to my
website being classified as a personal not-for-profit website, and
that I do not, nor anyone else, make any money off my website (and
thus exempt from any sort of copyright laws, it's this sort of thing
that allows unofficial fan websites to be created), I have heeded to
the will of fair play.  I know if it were my song, I would want
credit.  So if you re-watch it, at the end you'll see a mention.

Um, no!  That's not how copyright works.  The fact that you're not
making money off it doesn't make you exempt from anything.

The only exemptions from copyright are "fair use", which covers
quoting excerpts from a larger work for purposes of criticism or
suchlike, and "personal backup" which means you can make a copy for
your own protection in case the original is lost or damaged.

But IANAL, so consult your attorney to ge the real truth.

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.publish