 Castle / 13061
Re: Clones? [was Re: 2002's good for Castle!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 23:14:38 GMT

Waay back when, I had a yellow castle. *le sigh* My folks gave it away.
Waah. ):

The helmets in the yellow castle set were actually two pieces. One was
the visor with the crest, and the rest was the helmet. So you could flip
up the visor and see the knigget's face.

That's not the case with the clone troopers. They are quite similar in
some respects, but there is a big protruding lip around the chin area of
the helmet. It would definitely be noticeable if it were produced in
another color without the Star Wars detailing. That, and the back of the
helmet is definitely StarWars-ized with detailing that is very
Stormtrooperish. You could maybe pass off the front of the helmet as a
great helm, but definitely not the back, unless your knights are into
visible plating.

TWS Garrison wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:

http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfsw71632.jpg
The new Clone-Warz Troopers (Pen) has a pretty neat helmet!
Reminiscent of the old 6075 visors (therefore, I'm likely to get 4)

I got the "special-edition" catalog last night, and realized that those helmets
really do look a lot like Yellow Castle helmets, both in the brush on top and
in the shape of the eye-slit.  Can anyone who actually owns a clonetrooper
comment on the similarity, or the appropriateness of the mold?

From what I can see, a version without Star Wars printing could pass well as a
great helm (not *too* futuristic).  Personally, I'd greatly prefer a Yellow
Castle Legend with these helmets to a Yellow Castle Legend with the clunky
modern "pointed" visors.

TWS Garrison

Leanne Opaskar                  lopaskar@san.rr.com