 Castle / 12226
Re: 2002's good for Castle!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 05:50:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Muhl writes:
Which pens exactly do you think would be cool for castle?  The picture I
looked at had Darth Vader, Jango Fett, C3PO, R2-D2, a Clonetrooper, and a
jedi I think....

i agree with you here. these brand new 2002 sets, although somewhat neat, leave
me feeling destitute about the future of lego castle.  I mean, the first ever
lego minifig set was the yellow castle and now.. ugh, there's nothing.

except Guarded Inn and Blacksmith Shop.  From a set point of view, its so
disappointing, but from a construction/pieces point of view everything is fine.
Both Blackmsith and Guarded have excellent price/piece ratios, great selection
of a wide variety of important castle building pieces (from castle wall pieces,
to blue roof pieces).  When i feel sad about the downfall of castle, i have to
remind myself that two of the best sets lego is selling now are both castle.

I think the Toy Fair shows good bit, but only bits.  A shield here, a cool head
there, some nifty minifigs around.  some good stuff, but overall? not that much
to call the motherland about.  besides, i don't feel there's too much to be
really excited about.. Galidor leaves me with an uneasy stomach.

-lenny

The oval serpant shield looks awesome!  But you only get 1 in a $10 set?

The body armor on Ogel is very cool.  But again, a whole set for one piece?

I'm glad you're excited, but my reaction to the Toyfair 2002 coverage is
once of dissapointment from the castle point of view.  If you look at all
the new sets planned for 2002....
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfmain.html
Not one of them is castle related!  Maybe the silver lining is TLC is
planning on bringing back more Legend and Blacksmith type sets.  I wouldn't
complain if this was the case, I really hated the latest castle line.  Those
Lion shields were too cartoonish for my taste.....

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping something good is in the works.

-Aaron

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
         ^^^2002's good for Castle!^^^

These pens have `wicked` potential for 'Army-Building!'
(unless they're some how *anchored-down?)
That Jango Fett is gonna be bought in multiples!
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfswpen.jpg
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfswpen2.jpg

And Potter always comes through with dynamic shields in its sets.
The black-trim oval shield with slithering serpent is sooooo suited for
an Ork & Goblin hord.     http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfhp.jpg

And lets not forget the great body-armor on Ogel and the incredible new
skeleton head on his henchmen. I'm going to get so many of these HTO sets.
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-4166471

                                    --==Richard==--

*That never stopped us from removin' Vader from his Key-Chain!    ;)
**High Traffic Outlet