 Castle / 12227
12226  |  12228
Subject:
Calling all unwanted BURPs and LURPs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:00:02 GMT

Creating an actual LEGO mountain for the castle Paranor is something I've
been planning on for some time now. I have recently felt the need to
actually start this of late. Unfortunately, I am confronting a problem when
taking this on. Namely, the amount of BURPs and LURPs that will be needed
for what I have in mind. As some of you may know, Paranor is a castle that
will never be completed, indeed, over the past twenty-four hours, I have
been looking at the floorplans for this castle from Terry Brooks' novels,
and have begun planning for the expansion. This is probably going to take
some amount of time, but seeing as I'm three crests behind now (the shield
that comes with the yoda star wars ep2 set, the lion shield from Hogwarts
castle, and of course this latest shown here,
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfhp.jpg for the slitherin department of the
Harry Pot world)and needing to be expanding upon the model as it is
currently. The amount of BURPs and LURPs needed is going to be somewhere
around 800 or so. I am also running into a problem on the color scheme, as I
will need these in the dark gray color. It can be done, the number can be
attained, I am sure of this. After a count of the BURPs I have in this color
that are not being used, I have an embarrasing FOUR! The amount of LURPs,
SEVEN! I am not sure if these are sold by LEGO in bulk packages, as I've not
seen them offered, but if anyone out there has a number, even as low as a
single BURP that they could do without, I am very interested. The current
project is expected to be completed sometime in the summer of 2003. Any help
that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
I have looked into the issue at Brickbay, and of course I will as well be
going through that venue, but assistance in this will still be needed.
I am also interested in knowing when this:
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfhp.jpg
will be hitting store shelves, I didn't see it in the catalog, or perhaps
I'm just blind, it wouldn't be the first time I've been considered so.
If anyone wants to contact me about this project, don't hesitate to email me
at Eventine21@hotmail.com