 CAD / Development / 562
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:05:45 GMT

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:35:53 GMT, "Selçuk <teyyareci>"
<sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote:

Sometimes I really can't understand the exact point that people want to come
up with those type of conclusions, because, simply checking out the prior
examples of same kind, which are already implemented with the ongoing
system, just show the solution OBVIOUSLY.

We were just pondering TLG's motivation for their part-numbering system.

Actually, my purpose is not showing this objection has a point, but that it
is really pointless. What about the MINIFIG SHORTCUT? All the minifigs of
the Lego Universe are the same color ones as represented by this shortcut?..
Or, all of them wearing police caps and airtanks?...

I look at the minifig shortcuts more as helper files.  They are meant to
be copied and modified.

By the way, regarding with one of the posts, are there *really* people who
memorizes part numbers?..

Only some of the parts.  Not most.  At least, that's where I am.  I
usually can't remember a part number for more than 2 seconds, so I have
to quickly look up a part, then use the part number before I forget it.
But some parts get used so much, I tend to remember the numbers.

Steve