 CAD / Development / 678
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:46:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, onyx@flash.net (onyx) writes:
[...] do we *care* about our catalog
being a reference to TLG parts??? (i beleive we should use TLG numbers,
but i mean all the different *versions* of the same old element) because
you're correct.. we only need ONE 1x2 brick... color 16... [...]

Agreed, except that in the case of the 1x2 brick -- there are two molds
still in use today:  one with a post down the center and one without.
The one without the post is of course the one used for little windows --
like in trans-dark-blue in 6175 Crystal Explorer Sub.

It's important to me that the two versions of the 1x2 brick be
distinguishable in a DB for parts-auction purposes, but maybe not for CAD
building purposes.  Still, I'd be bummed out if I couldn't run L3P on a
model and get the right type of 1x2 brick.  :)

--Todd