 CAD / Development / 347
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:14:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:
We are facing a major problem in numbering parts in LDraw.  For quite some time
I have been trying to follow a 3 rule plan for numbering pieces:
[...]
The problem is, that some elements would force us to use numbers in seemingly
un-intuitive ways.  An example:
[...]
Some more problems from the current vote:  (from Joshua Delahunty)
[...]
What to do?
We need to resolve this as a group decision.

I am *SOOO* happy that Terry and Joshua (and others) are anal-retentive enough
and pedantic enough -- and thorough enough -- to bring this sort of thing up.
Just imagine what a mess it would all be if nobody cared...

This is really cool, guys!

--Todd