 CAD / Development / 503
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:47:49 GMT

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:32:45 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

That still wouldn't make it possible in Ldraw to (I)nsert a new piece,
change the (P)art number, then type the part number of the part which is in
your hand, and have it inserted.  Multi-part parts are a problem, of course.
But at least if you typed in the number for the bottom of the dinghy, you
would get the bottom section of it (maybe with a comment giving the complete
shortcut file) instead of nothing.

True, you wouldn't be able to use the related part numbers as parts, but
you could search for them (especially once some software uses the
KEYWORDS and CATEGORY meta-commands)

I don't think we really need to worry about adding too many part files, as
long as they don't gum up the description list when it is sorted by
description.

That would be the problem.  Are these real parts, or not?  If not, how
are they flagged?

Steve