 CAD / Development / 622
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:52:18 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 04:58:22 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote:

Just to be a pain: there are existing 'glued-together' parts in LDraw
with sub-files for each component part and a main short-cut file for the
whole thing.  Two that spring to mind are the 2x2x11 pillar and the
classic 2x4 plate hinge.

Steve

hehe.. i can always count on you to be a pain, steve... :)
every morning i come in here and check this thread and i can see everyone's
point with equal value... i started in on this convo from the standpoint of "2
#16 parts, then aggregate shortcuts for EVERY hard-coded color"... that appears
to be where terry stands on it still...
i think i can agree to that... my only caveat would be to try and avoid 3-digit
numbers whenever possible (even though, as terry pointed out, there are still
quite a few left to go around)... so if we can find aggregate numbers for
combined shortcuts, let's use them as much as possible...
once someone points out that this their impression of how "james would have
wanted it"... all discussion stops as far as i'm concerned.
so this is my last word on the subject... i say we do it according to terry's
last post on this... he would know best, in my opinion.