 CAD / Development / 608
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 00:18:29 GMT

onyx wrote in message ...

perhaps that's the decision we should make.. do we *care* about our catalog
being a reference to TLG parts??? (i beleive we should use TLG numbers,
but i mean all the different *versions* of the same old element) because • you're
correct.. we only need ONE 1x2 brick... color 16... and for that matter i • don't
think we need ANY separated dinghy parts... use the number viewable from • the
outside, color 16, BAM!, we're done... but there are zealouts in our midst • that
want to know every sub-part, mold number, etc etc... if we're here for CAD,
then so be it.. works for me... just get all of the elements done, use a • basic
number (preferrably one viewable on the element itself) and set its color • to
16... i don't care if there never WAS a chrome 6573... i want it in my • LDraw
virtual model.. i never bought a set that gave me 3823 in ANY color... but • that
shouldn't preclude me from accessing it in virtual lego.. and in ANY color • i
wish...

You've got my support here.  I don't care to use LDraw as a TLG reference
...just wanna model.  We need to follow the KISS rule ...Keep It Simple Sir
... see, nothing personal there.

see, i can play both sides... personally i say ditch all the aggregates, • etc
etc.. forget that such and such element only came in chrome, etc etc... • just
give me the meshes and let me choose any color i want when i LEdit the
thing...

I've heard of "sitting on the fence", but Onyx, your a great fence
jumper...must of been a track star! ;-)

Roy