 CAD / Development / 583
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 03:29:49 GMT

onyx wrote in message ...

let the possiblity of a large (but very accurately-numbered) element • library
deter us from referencing parts as closely to TLG nomenclature as • possible... a
bigger catalog just means we need bigger and better tools to • organize/search
it... and we've got people doing just that...

Here you miss the point that some of us don't care a flip for TLG's
nomemclature.  TLG has its own reason for using it that doesn't make any
sense for what we wish to use a numbering system for.  Why should we have to
follow a system of indentification thats made to produce and market when we
want to easily find parts for a model or to enhance a discussion of building
a model.  So, your right about, let's move forward.  Let's think outside the
box.  Let's find a new paradigm.  Let's find some new cliches...........

Roy