 CAD / Development / 635
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:36:04 GMT

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:34:48 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:

That is a possibility.
Or, if placed in their own category,  it would be possible to have LDAO not
generate catalog images of them by excluding them in the INI file.

LDAO could be set up to ignore any unique marker in the descriptive
name.  At this time, any user can do it themselves, by editing the
ldraw.ini.  The default settings ignore moved files, 'delete me' files,
and light.dat.

The important thing is, that for accuracy you could type in the filename and
get the correct part.  That would be better than just having a comment in the
header somewhere.

I'm assuming we'll get more powerful search tools at some point.
Especially if the KEYWORDS and CATEGORY meta-statement ever take off.
With a reasonable search tool, having the number in a comment-line will
be as good as using the number as the filename.

Steve