 CAD / Development / 606
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 00:04:45 GMT

onyx wrote:

and for that matter i don't
think we need ANY separated dinghy parts... use the number viewable from the
outside, color 16, BAM!, we're done... but there are zealouts in our midst that
want to know every sub-part, mold number, etc etc... if we're here for CAD,
then so be it.. works for me... just get all of the elements done, use a basic
number (preferrably one viewable on the element itself) and set its color to
16... just
give me the meshes and let me choose any color i want when i LEdit the thing...

I agree wholeheartedly... The point I tried to make earlier, was that it seems that
by giveing seperate part numbers to the part, TLG is leaveing open the possibility
in the future to release a part that is in two SEPARATE colors.  So, my question
is, how does one choose any color he wants if only the aggregate part is
available.  Thats why I think we should have two files...

BUT, having said that, we would definitely want to have a shortcut, just like we
have a shortcut for minifigs.

BUT, this is just my 2 sense, and I am a poor comentator on this topic, because i
am really unlikely to use this piece in a model any time soon.

--Karim