 CAD / Development / 595
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:40:24 GMT

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999 04:50:51 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:25:09 GMT, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre
Andersen) wrote:

What about just having "30086.dat" and "30087.dat" in colour
16 as the official parts, and then let people insert the two
parts themselves.

- the parts will always be listed next to each other.
- the parts will always need the same location and
  orientation (hopefully).

So it shouldn't be much more work to insert the two molds
instead of the collected part.

For now, that would be a good solution. Of course, Steve would need to split
the pieces first.

I'll look into it.  The main problems are (1) I'm not sure it can be
done without rewriting the existing code, which I don't *really* feel
like doing.  And (2) I'm not planning on cutting a dinghy open to see
what the inside looks like.  So any interior detail would be a guess.

BTW, there was a report of a pink dinghy in Belville?  Do we have the
long-part-number for that one?  Is it similar to the yellow-specific
part number?

When are you cutting the 99-02 update file?  What's my deadlline for
getting a set of cut-up dinghy files to you?

Steve