 CAD / Development / 490
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:19:58 GMT

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:59:24 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

But it would be nice to at least have a .dat file for each known number of a
part, even if it was only a "shortcut" file which referenced the original
(preferably stuck at the end of the parts list when sorted by description).
That way, as Ldraw parts become more of a standard for people talking about
parts, they will be able to input whatever number is imprinted on their part
and find get the ldraw picture of it.

Why don't we reference these part numbers as comments in the part-file,
perhaps on a 0 KEYWORDS line?  Although that would be a headache to deal
with, making sure that all new parts get all the appropriate part
numbers...

Steve