 CAD / Development / 642
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:38:51 GMT

Hi!

Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet <36e6742d.1574130@lugnet.com>...

I'm assuming we'll get more powerful search tools at some point.
Especially if the KEYWORDS and CATEGORY meta-statement ever take off.
With a reasonable search tool, having the number in a comment-line • will
be as good as using the number as the filename.

Have You tried my search program?

Version 3.4 of LDLIST is available for download at
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ldlist.zip

<BLURB>

Ldlist is a little Windows program made for searching the available
LDRAW .DAT files. Combined with a built-in piece preview, it's a
fast way to find that brick, whatever it's name, number or
description.

You can for example enter 'roof glass', and immediately see the
results:

  2348B.DAT  Car Roof  4 x 4 Sunroof Glass with Ridges
  2348A.DAT  Car Roof  4 x 4 Sunroof Glass with Ridges
  4448.DAT   Window    4 x 4 x 3 Roof Glass

If You click on one of the result lines, a preview of that brick will
be drawn.

The search is incremental (as soon as You write a letter, You only see
those bricks that match), and is (at least on my machine)
instantaneous.

By starting the search string with a " (double quote), You will only
see bricks with an exact match, spaces included.

News in version 3.4:

- Stores all settings in LDRAW.INI - size, view, scale
- You can use all the views You have set up in LDRAW.INI
- CTRL-C copies the currently selected brick text to the Clipboard

Acknowledgments:

LDLIST would not have been possible without Paul Gyugyi's Ldlite!

Warning:

As my port of Ldlite is a bit dated (and not completely correct!),
some memory leaks are still there, so if You use LDLIST full screen
for a while, Your swap file may get a bit large. Just exit LDLIST
and restart...

</BLURB>

For the moment only the first line in each file is processed, but it's
not such a big hack to look for KEYWORD lines etc. Only time will
tell...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm