 CAD / Development / 437
Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:36:15 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:

If I'm converting a physical model to Ldraw, its nice to be able to look at
part, find its molded number, then add that number to my model.  This of
course only works for parts with numbers on them.  This also argues for
somehow allowing multiple number references to a part when there are chrome,
transparent versions with different part numbers molded into them.

So _that's_ how you do it.  I knew there had to be a better way.  :)

Also, Ldraw parts are used for more than Ldraw alone.  They are used in parts
reference pages, for creating part inventories of sets, etc.

-John Van

Thanks, that makes sense to me.
--
Patrick Sayre-Little             | "Someday we'll look back on all this
wsayreli@polymail.calpoly.edu    |  and we'll run into a parked car."